Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Meal Plan- January

Enjoy!

Dinner
Chicken nachos
Salad with baked chick
Balsamic roast beef with potatoes (sliced and cooked with meat) and roasted broccoli
Baked potatoes and eggs
Chili- see below
Stuffed peppers- I add diced mushrooms
Tacos- Bob's family recipe
Turkey meatballs with GF pasta
Spicy whiskey BBQ sliders- I use turkey meat
Braised beef over pappardelle- I use Trader Joe's stew meat and cook in crockpot.
Chicken fried rice
Baked chicken with roasted veggies
Veggie lasagna with a bechamel sauce, butternut squash, and pecans.
Balsamic chicken with sweet and spicy sweet potatoes
Pizza with ground turkey, mushrooms, and mozz
Veggie quesadilla
Chicken with soba noodles in a peanut sauce

Breakfast
Breakfast burriots- see below
Blueberry muffins
Pumpkin poppers
The majority of the time we eat scrambled eggs or Kashi ceral, but as of late I've been making this drink and I really like it!

I made this apple pie last night. I ended up substituting pecans for almonds and Vitmain D milk for cream, because that's what I had on hand. I also cooked the apple slices in butter (go big or go home) for 15 minutes on med heat to ensure they would be soft enough. I like my apple slices to melt in my mouth. It turned out delicious!

Chili:
Because I don't measure, here are the basic ingredients I use for my Chili:
Package of ground turkey
2 cans black beans
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans chili beans
3-4 cans tomato sauce- If I need more liquid I use Chicken stock
1 packet of Williams chili seasoning
Lots of garlic
Sometimes I sneak in a couple tablespoons of sugar
I taste the chili once it's cooked and decide if it needs more salt, cumin, or chili powder.

Toppings: Jalapenos, cheese, sour cream (or Greek Yogurt), avocado, tortilla chips or crackers.

Breakfast burriots
Again I don't measure, so here are basic instructions.
Eggs- I use as many as I feel necessary. Usually 18-24.
Red peppers- 2-3
Mushrooms- 2 handfuls of diced
Onion-1 diced
A bit of milk or cream- like 2-4 tbsp.
Cheese- I use 1-2 handfuls
Cooked and diced turkey bacon- one package
Pack of tortillas

I cook the veggies until they're soft in some olive oil, add in the whisked eggs and milk.
Cook eggs until almost done.
Add in cheese, then cooked turkey bacon.
Warm up some tortillas- we use whole wheat or sprouted grain tortillas. Then I fill each tortilla, roll 'em up, and let them cool on the counter top. Once they're cool, wrap in seran wrap and place in the freezer. To thaw, put in the microwave for 1-3 mintues- you'll need to test this. We microwave ours between 1:30-2 minutes (I think...), but it depends on your micro and how large your burritos are.

There you have it! A breakfast burrito on the go with a side of radiation..kidding..kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment