Monday, July 6, 2015

Playing Catch Up: Stepping Stones




I wrote the below post in the heat of our renovation. It was a dark day that day, but the Lord redeemed it. Read below...

...............................................................................................................................

Last week I loaded the kids up and drove around the city for 2.5 hours. I couldn't quiet my fears and insecurities and I needed to remember, remember all that the Lord has done. So I drove to places that were clear marks, or stepping stones, of God's faithfulness and care over my life. I drove to Birchwood, the church where the Lord opened my eyes to who he is and the place I married Bob, God's greatest gift to me. I drove to Bob and I's first house. I remembered the time we couldn't make our house payment and God provided through a knock on the door and an anonymous envelope.  I drove to our second house and remembered all of the memories we made with family next door and what it was like to bring two healthy babies home. I drove to our old church in the Crossroads and remembered the friendships and community. I drove downtown to my old job. I was so young and naive when I started there, but those 6 years brought experience, friendship, and financial stability that set Bob up and I up in ways I still don't quite understand. I drove to our current church and remembered walking through the doors for the first time. We went there needing a place to rest and recharge. I was in the midst of a season of doubt and needed God to show up in a big way. That first service left me in tears. From singing in unison as we collectively confessed our sins, to Kevin's ability to preach to a mind like mine. All of it has made such a difference.

And now, to be where we are, with friends we love, in jobs we love, at a church we are excited to be at, in a home we renovated, and with hearts that are miraculously becoming more like His. It's all too much to take in some times, just how good he has been to us.

..............................................................................................................................


It's amazing looking back on his hand in my life. How capable, loving, and able he is to sustain me.

If you find yourself bearing the weight of this broken world, wondering how you'll take your next breath without suffocating, let alone navigate your difficult circumstance, know there is a loving, mighty, God who is able to carry your load. Turn to him. He went to great lengths to bring you to his side, and when you realize the magnitude of who he is it will change you. I'm certainly living proof of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment