Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Recipes we are loving

I love pinterest. Especially when it comes to recipes. I have encountered a few dudes, though. Which is why I appreciate other's success stories. So here are a few recipes we've come to love (mostly from Pinterest and links to the recipes are hyperlinked in blue).


I used champagne vinegar for the dressing and left out the anchovy fillet. This has become our go-to dressing, which I make at the beginning of the week and leave in a mason jar in the fridge.




2. Taco bowls

I couldn't find the link for this recipe on my pinterest board. I know it's there, but honestly you don't need it. Simply cook your beef in a skillet. I cooked ours with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then dish into a leaf boat and top with all of your veggie goodness.

We served our boats with red peppers, guacamole, red onion, sour cream, cherry tomatoes, salsa, and cilantro. Costco sells artisan romaine leaves that worked perfectly. I'm sure regular romaine would do, though they may not hold as well.


3. Roasted cherry tomatoes in garlic sauce

Take a couple handfuls of garlic cloves, two sticks of butter, and cook over medium heat until the garlic becomes soft (approx 10 minutes). While that's cooking, dump a canister of washed cherry tomatoes into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Once the garlic's soft, transfer the sauce to the baking dish, and bake at 350 until the cherry tomatoes soften and the garlic begins to brown.

We eat this sauce over pasta, on top of grilled chicken, or with baked bread (similar to bruschetta). It is an incredibly rich sauce so don't use much. The garlic will also seep out of your pours, but the taste is totally worth it.



4. Siracha lime chicken and grilled pineapple salad. This salad was SO good. so, so, so good.


5. We love scones around here. We have a favorite recipe that's tucked in one of my cookbooks, likely hidden in our storage unit. So we gave Alton Brown's scone recipe a try. Because let's be honest, the man is amazing.

The flavor of this recipe was wonderful, though I would make the dough thicker by not rolling it out as much and cutting fewer pieces. This will definitely be our go to until we move into our house and empty that blessed storage unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment