Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Lake

We spent last weekend with my parents at their place on Truman lake. It was a blast. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was watching each kid's reaction to swimming in the lake. Braydon spent most of his time "swimming" as he held onto the boat ladder. He also ensured all those on the rafts were holding a rope (that was tied to the boat) at all times, and anytime Avery or Brooks got in the water he would frantically scream "make sure you're holding them!" Avery, on the other hand, could not wait to swim by herself and would scream "me" if you tried to help her. Girlfriend wanted to be all by herself in the middle of nowhere. Brooks liked the water for about 5 minutes and then continued to carry on his usual screaming. In his defense, he did cut a tooth on Sunday so perhaps he deserves another go around.

Saturday morning was a close second in the weekend favorites department. My parents took the kids with them to run errands before our afternoon on the water. Bob and I used that time to drink coffee and talk about our housing situation. It felt good to clarify our goals and reconnect as a couple. I can't think of a better person to go through this chaotic life with.















1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful weekend! The lake really relaxes me!

    ReplyDelete