Monday, June 23, 2014

The house

Last Wednesday, Bob met with our framer to put together the material list and timeline for his piece of the renovation. We had just solidified our demo crew made up of friends and family, and closing was within our reach. This was happening.

Then we got the call.

Our seller called to inform us there was an issue with the title. To put it simply, two parties believe they are the rightful owners resulting in a lawsuit that makes our house unable to be purchased.

I thought I was going to vomit when Bob told me. The hours that followed were full of shock and sadness, with small bursts of broken laughter. After all, this is our THIRD house that's fallen through. What are the stinkin odds?

The next day we canceled the moving truck and postponed our move to next week. Instead, we spent the day making phone calls and looking at houses online. To say it was depressing is an understatement. Not one viable option came from our search and I was more than over the process. Thankfully, we were leaving town the next day for the lake. I desperately needed to get out of here.

Now, it's Monday morning and I'm staring at the boxes and mess that occupy this house. We are moving at the end of this week and I can't help but feel pressure to know our next step before leaving. I'm grateful for my parents, but I don't want to live with them long. Besides, right before we found the yellow house my desire for our own space was growing to unbearable proportions. I'm thankful for the Lord's provision with grandpa's house, but the lack of organization and routine, and living out of boxes, has taken it's toll. I don't want to keep doing it, and at this point there is no end in sight.

We are discouraged though I'm thankful for friends who have encouraged our hearts by telling us of God's goodness, and reminding us that when we look back on this situation we will see God's hand in all of it and it will be one more story of his faithfulness and ability to redeem brokenness.

Please keep praying for us. For wisdom and direction. I'm also trying my best to keep up with work, pack, and not lose it any time the kids start screaming at each other. I'm fighting the urge to cry every few minutes and I have a heaviness that won't leave my chest. How's that for a melodramatic Monday :)

Thank you to all who have prayed or spoken kind words to our needy hearts. You all are the best and quite literally, we need you.


No comments:

Post a Comment