Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A little get-a-way

Last week Bob, myself, and our dear friends left the kiddos with family, except Brooks, and ventured into the woods of Southern Mo for a little R & R. While our trip was short, it was glorious. Just glorious.

We ate simple, but well: Ruebens, homemade pizza, "healthy" dark chocolate oatmeal bars (recipe here), chicken italian soup (recipe here), and homemade biscuits with chocolate gravy. We spent our days outside chatting in the sunshine, and our evenings by the fire reading.

I consider myself lucky to have these people in our lives, because while our trip was amazing it had it's lull's. Like real life does. But I walked away refreshed thanks to edifying conversation with people we love and who love us.

We were also able to expose my husband to the greatness that is 90's alternative rock. Poor guy didn't know what he was missing.




I can't wait until spring leaves appear.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes those getaways can be so good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete