Friday, February 21, 2014

Meal plan- March

Hey-o! Look who's meal planning again.
My family is ready for me to get my act together as was stated by my 4 year old, "Mom, we never have anything to eat anymore," or " peanut sandwich again!"
Ya, well. Mamma's been a little busy losing her mind, son.

Here's what's on the menu.

Breakfast
Protein Shakes- we use this vegan protein powder and Silk's Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, or Vanilla Coconut Milk. Avery loves these.
Eggs and Turkey Bacon- we like Oscar Meyer.
Udi's Toast with PB and Kefir- Pomegranate is our fav.
Coconut Macadamia Nut Muffins

Lunch
Leftovers for Bob and I
GF Chicken Nuggets
Hamburgers (no bun) and salad
GF pasta with coconut oil, parmesan, and broccoli
Egg salad
Ham (trader joe's sliced deli ham) and carrots

Dinner
Paleo Pasta
Chicken Cabbage Curry- tilapia is used in the recipe
Creamed Coleslaw and Chicken- this is a Paleo version
Chicken Caesar Salad
Cobb Salad
Baked Eggs w/Mushrooms and Brussel Sprouts
Omelets- mushroom, spinach, turkey bacon
Tacos- I doctor our meat up with garlic, cumin, chili powder, worcestershire, and a bit of Heinz 57
Taco Salad- I use leftover taco meat
Chicken Nachos
Chicken, Avocado, Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette

Side note: I have a picky four year old, so I usually set aside a little meat that has no sauce or seasoning. He eats that with either a salad, carrots, or broccoli. On a good night. 

Snacks
Hummus and Nut-thins, country ranch is our fav
Apples- Honey Crisp all the way. They're pricey, but soooo worth it
Bananas
Kind bars- coconut almond (Target currently has these on sale)
Laramar bars- Peanut Butter Cookie
Popcorn, but only white popcorn kernels. Yellow is yuck.
Veggie Straws

Dessert
Coconut oil chocolate chip cookie
GF monster cookies (I use GF Red Mill oats and raw sugar)

Some of you may remember we've gone gluten-free, dairy-free, because of our two year old. Recently, she's had a couple other reactions to things like seafood and band aids. Because of this we are going to try a natural supplement recommended by our pediatrician, so we don't have to be as strick with our diet this month (to see if the supplement works by itself).

With that said, we are still staying away from gluten and dairy. The occasional dessert or good cheese will be had, but for the most part we will strive to eat as many whole foods as possible. For the health benefits and the fact that I have thirty-ish pounds to lose.

Also, March holds one of my favorite holidays, St. Patrick's Day. I LOVE Irish food and am excited to make another round of cornbeef and cabbage. This year I'm definitely making two batches of cornbeef so there's enough leftovers for Rueben's and Cornbeef Hash. Oh, I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Happy meal planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment