Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hello, 2014

To 2014, my family, and my friends:

via
Before looking to 2014, I must tip my hat to 2013.
You have held great things: beautiful friendships, a clearer vision of God's faithfulness, the birth of a healthy baby boy, countless memories, and the opportunity to stay home full-time.

As for 2014, "new months of groaning and growing in grace" perfectly sum up my prayer and vision for you. I hope we face challenges, enjoy good gifts given, and make difficult decisions.

I also want to experience growth, real growth that comes with a price.
I want to pursue desires the Lord has given; desires that mainly and primarily reside in my home.
I want to know what it is to rest deeply in the one who's created and the one who sustains.

And, I want to soak in the grace given for each day. Knowing each one holds successes and failures that are unique to that day: from the perfectly marked to-do list to the Lord's kindness to work good through my messes.

I simply want to live. Where I'm at. With what I have.

1 comment:

  1. Gratitude is the attitude in which all other virtues grow...Count it all Joy...obedience is to the soul what exercise is to the body...Lord know matter how much it hurts...may we always be willing to grow and do the work that growth requires!!! Please Jesus don't leave us alone with out own desires (which lead to death) but SPEAK TO US so we will listen and choose to appreciate Everything YOU GIVE US everyday!

    ReplyDelete