Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wasted

A couple days ago I heard a story that changed me.
All I could think while hearing this tale was how terrible the circumstances were and how wasted (by the world's standards) this individual's life had been while they patiently trusted and waited on the Lord.

To the ear of an unbeliever, it could have sounded insane. All they were saying. The situation. How they survived. The joy that came from the ashes. Yet, to a sister in Christ, it was the kind of story that gave life and validated my worst fear: If everything were stripped from me, would I be ok?

The answer is yes.
They cried with all assurance, "yes, He WAS enough."

I know hard times will come. It's inevitable this side of heaven.
Yet, the more I walk with Jesus and learn of His goodness and grace to those who love Him, the less I'm afraid. And, the more I can say:

Though you slay me
Yet I will praise you
Though you take from me
I will bless your name
Though you ruin me
Still I will worship
Sing a song to the one who’s all I need


Lyrics above are from Shane Barnard. His video and exert from John Piper can be found here: 


http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/a-song-for-the-suffering-with-john-piper


No comments:

Post a Comment