Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday, so glad to see you.

This week seems like a blur. I've been extremely tired, which has depleted most of my motivation.
Amazingly, we still managed to get grocery's, Avery's costume made, and some other random tid bits accomplished. I am a little sad we didn't get to paint our pumpkins and make monster munch, but I'm grateful for a low-key week.

I'm also grateful for my sister-in-law. It has been fun living next door to family and days like yesterday remind me just how fun it is. I made gluten free sugar and spice doughnuts, so Megan and the kids came over to have some and play. During that time, Megan and I were able to chat, which was so nice. She is full of wisdom and I love hearing her opinions on child-rearing, finances, and things of faith. Not to mention, she's the best gift-giver, ever. Seriously, ever.

During our chat, she mentioned starting a prayer journal that's dedicated to finances. She testified to all the ways God has provided for them and how recently, they've been blown away by God's care on things like a new computer and my niece's private school bill. As we continued to talk, I became more convinced that this is something I need to do.

Sooo... I'm gonna do it.
I'm going to start a financial prayer journal.

I will admit, this slightly terrifies me. Money is an area where I have little faith and a freakish amount of control issues. Regarding my lack of faith, I'm unsure if it's because I'm disheartened by so many Christians, including myself, basing God's existence or faithfulness on how often he answers our material prayers. Or if my American, blue collar, 'work for what you have' upbringing has engrained that provision and possessions ride on my shoulders. Both mindsets cause me to look at my financial situation with independent eyes and neglect God's promise to take care of his children.

Needless to say, I've been humbled. Not only do I see my enslavement to pride, but I see the depth of my mistrust. It may take awhile for Truth to penetrate these dark places in my heart, but I know God is merciful and whether he graces us financially, or graces us with wisdom and perseverance, he's doing what's best for us and for his glory.

Side note: Megan mentioned how neat it will be to one day show the kids our prayer journals, giving them a tangible example of God's faithfulness. I couldn't agree more.

In closing, here a few pic's from our slow week.
I only worked Monday, so I had four full days in my yoga pants. Aww yea.

While I baked, Bray and his cousin were sword fighting in the backyard and sis watched from her highchair

It's the little things.
I became so fed up with how disorganized this cabinet had become that I  stopped everything and reorganized. Now every time I walk by the cabinet I smile.
Cleanliness = Godliness, folks. 

These are supposed to be doughnuts, but I don't have a doughnut pan so I made muffins.
They were incredible. By far, one of my favorite gluten free recipes.

Thursday night Bob came home with a fever, so we all cuddled up on the couch to watch the CMA's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment