Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend- twas a crazy one

Our weekend was...well... interesting.

I had my first panic attack.
I'm still processing what happened, and I don't think I'm ready to talk about it in length, but I will say it was quite the experience. My poor brother-in-law, sis-in-law, and their friend were witness to it which is all together embarrassing. I've struggled with anxiety for years. However, my anxiety manifests itself in a strange way, making it easy to hide. It had only been a few months since I opened up to Bob, so Friday's instance hit me like a ton of bricks. Something I'd kept secret for so long was not only exposed to new people, it had morphed.

In addition to my panic attack I had the most excruciating neck pain. Luckily, we have a resident D.O. in our small group who made a house call. His assessment put me at ease and confirmed my need to rest. Thanks to muscle relaxers, a heating pad, hydrocodone, and an incredible husband, I was able to rest and we made it through the weekend.

Here is evidence:
When my kitchen looks like this it means Bob cooked
Thanks for breakfast honey ;)

These are the BEST pancakes you'll ever make (recipe). I had them for breakfast and lunch. They are not GF so I paid for it, but man they were good
After hours of being on the couch I had to do something
Essie: Stylenomics

We had a bridal shower at a local winery (yes, MO has those. I too was shocked)
This pic and the one that follows are two of her more frequent "looks"



One day I may apologize for your ginormous head gear
It just won't be today :) 

Meet Iron Man

At fall fun fest

Our adorable nephew in the best monkey costume ever
Monday necessities: coffee, flower to cover my dirty hair, and civil war and florence + the machine pandora stations
I can't thank my husband enough for all he did this weekend. He was my emotional support, staying up with me Friday night so I could cry and ask questions. He cooked our meals on Saturday and let me stay on the couch. He cleaned up his huge mess in the kitchen, which isn't always the case after he cooks :). He let me go to sleep at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night, putting both kids to bed on his own. And I awoke this morning for work to a clean house and baked cookies. Seriously. Is he even real?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amie, please don't feel alone. We are all a delicate balance of flesh and soul, and our hormones and attitude affect each other. I've been doing years of study on muscle and nerves just for my own benefit and I now know the connection between trigger points in the neck/upper shoulder and anxiety hormones and heart activity. It's hard when money is tight, but if I was there I'd drive you straight to the chiro office and then massage your neck for you. :) Take it easy, girl friend! -Lacey Cummings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lacey! I finally went to Pardun, yesterday. It was amazing and helped quite a bit...Your information also puts me at ease and makes me hopeful this won't be a reoccuring instance.

      Delete