Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apple Fest and Wreath Tutorial

On Saturday we went to Weston with some of our favorite people for Apple Fest.
We started the morning at The Quay in the Rivermarket. Had delicious coffee and pastries and then drove through beautiful country to the quaint and adorable town of Weston. It's such a charming place. Part of me dreams of what it would be like to raise my children in a small, traditional town such as Weston. So much history and simplicity is amidst smaller communities and I find it hard not to romanticize about such a life. 

Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of the town.
Rats.
But I did get photos of some adorable humans.

Too much cuteness
That's slick right ther'
Two of my fav's

He refused to wear a coat saying, "mama, I want to be cold."

I have no words for that face, sis
Lovely ladies at O'Malleys, minus Jill

The whole gang



Now for the wreath.
Here's the tutorial I followed http://www.babylifestyles.com/2012/06/vintage-shabby-chic-tea-stained-first-birthday-party/








Tips:
-It took awhile to stain the tea bags. Over an hour. If I do this again, I'll use the unproccessed
     coffee filters to avoid the staining and drying.
- I crunched the filters then hot glued the bottom to the wreath
- I didn't want to buy anything for this project so I used what I had in storage for the wreath decor

Happy crafting!













No comments:

Post a Comment