Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas and Av's Birthday: we were those parents

Bob and I called this Christmas the forgotten Christmas. We said it in jest, our families and Jesus made it great, but it didn't feel like Christmas. Perhaps it was the absence of traditions or that Bob was hardly around due to long hours at the house. Regardless of how we felt though, there was much to celebrate in Jesus and there's much to look forward to in 2015!





Douglas and his apple pie moonshine. What a hick :)
We surprised my parents with a flat screen TV to replace their GIANT box TV.
It's the dawning of a new age, folks.
Bray got a punching bag, but Avery took it upon herself to break it in (of course). I was quite impressed with her skills. She went to town with punches and kicks and even threw in a booty bump.

This guy is walking all over the place!
This is how Christmas really went. Tons of snotty noses and tons of coughing.



Christmas: the day you take the same picture but in multiple locations. 
Elsa and Anna for the birthday girls.
Aunt Peggy makes the best hats!!


Every Christmas Aunt Peggy makes the great grandkids new hats and they are a hit! 
Get that girl in some baby modeling! 
The part of Christmas where you break out the sweat pants is my favorite. 

Best frands
Avery's Birthday: we became those parents. The ones with a December baby whose day is merely three days after Christmas and we celebrated on Christmas. GASP. I swore I'd never do it. And given my love of party throwing I thought it'd be easy to keep to my convictions. But I didn't have it in me this year. With all we have going on and yet another birthday of borrowing someone's house to host. I. just. couldn't. do. it. 

She's not complaining, though. And today, her actual birthday, we are celebrating with pancakes and lots of reminders that she is loved. 

Happy Birthday, sis!





No comments:

Post a Comment