Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Catching up

Blogging these days has become quite difficult. Not because I'm without thought or things to say. There's actually much weighing on my heart and mind. My days are simply too full. With mostly good things like babies, work, and our house.

Speaking of the house. All is going well. We are two weeks from closing with no glitches in sight. I can't express how ready I am to be in our own home. To decorate. To clean. To find our own rhythms again. Living with your parents isn't all that bad, though. We came home from our weekend trip to clean sheets, soup and roasted chicken, pumpkin muffins, carrot muffins, and fresh carrot juice. Having mom around definitely has it's perks :)

As for our everyday life. It's still quite crazy. Brooks had a wonderful two week run with sleeping through the night and ceasing his cry-all-the-live-long-day routine. Then he digressed. Bad. Sooo back to our bed and eating through the night he went. Oh, and screaming. Please, please stop the screaming, kid.

It can be easy for me to grow overwhelmed and frustrated during this season, but lately, thanks to all of the craziness around the world, I've been reminded to be thankful for all that I have. That includes a fussy baby who hates sleep and prefers to spend 75% of his day flailing about like a crazy person.

In other news, we returned from our final summer trip with Bob's family on Sunday. Our trip was a whirlwind involving a giant mouse, Silver Dollar City, swimming at a beach, go carts, and a much needed car ride chat with the hubs- I'm so thankful for him and all the ways he gives me grace upon grace while encouraging me. He's a gem.


Girlfriend refused to take her "anas" (underwear) off and that was not a battle I was willing to fight.
Underwear water play it is!

 The many faces of Avery:





Gummies and TEETH







No comments:

Post a Comment