Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Meal Plan- May

Let me start by saying I have completely fallen off the eating healthy train.
Right before I found out I was pregnant I was doing great. Eating well, working out, went down a pant size in a couple weeks. All was swell. Then this little bundle of joy entered the picture with it's hormones and ridiculous cravings, creating a mess of a situation.

Thankfully, my first trimester is officially over (exit nausea), so I feel less justified to quench my chick-fil-a french fry obsession. This means I'm going to try really, really hard to eat better. Within the confines of my cravings, of course :) This means lots of salads, Mexican food, and pasta dishes. I'm not going to stress too much about eating carbs, instead focus on getting veggies and protein into every meal.

Breakfast
Orange glazed muffins
Breakfast burritos
Eggs and sourdough toast
Omelets
Blueberry muffins
Blueberry biscuits
Breakfast quesadilla

Lunch
Chicken nuggets and carrots
Chicken nuggets and salad
Chicken nuggets and broccoli
Pasta with broccoli
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
English muffin pizzas

Dinner
Mexican crockpot
Grilled burritos
Skinny BBQ chicken pizza
Soba noodles and teriyaki chicken
Beef ragu over linguine
Salad with grilled chicken
Chicken nachos
Spanish rice and grilled lime chicken
Italian chicken soup
Pesto pasta salad with chicken- no black olives
Salad with buffalo chicken- no blue cheese, I'll make an herbed ranch dressing
Chicken quesadillas
NY chopped salad
Healthy taquitos
Angel hair with roasted veggie's in a white wine sauce

Snacks
Homemade granola bars
Hummus and carrots
Apples
Strawberries
Veggie straws
Bananas
Almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment