Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zoo, Finally

Today we went to the zoo. We've been meaning to go for over a year and I just never got around to it. Subconsciously, I think I was a little insecure about taking both kids by myself. You see, I'm just not that girl who grew up babysitting or playing with others people's kids. I always dreamed of having a family with lots of littles, but practically speaking I didn't have a clue what that meant. After having one child, who was and continues to be incredibly strong willed, I realized parenting might be the death of me. After having my second child, Avery, my parenting skills got a little better (I became more confident) and I wasn't so freaked out about having another baby in the house. Not to mention she is an absolute peach. Seriously. She crawls around the house with this ridiculous grin and squished nose. Her brother could be seconds away from taking her life and the girl is still grinning and snorting through that adorable nose. However, even with an easy baby I still have my wonderful three year old who requires so much of me and those two together can make a mean combination. So, that's why I've waited so long to go to the zoo. Slightly ridiculous, perhaps. But I wanted to ensure I could create the least torturous scenario and that I did.

I began packing bags and lunches around 8:00 a.m. Luckily, I got my butt out of bed and was ready before Avery woke up which enabled me to enjoy a cup of coffee and focus on getting the kids ready. I sound so put together, don't I? I'm not. I just like to be organized and I hate feeling frazzled- and all the moms laugh.

Lunch/Snacks

Luckily we had some sweet friends join us. Bray loves Lu and we all secretly hope they marry and we have some killer  in-law holiday parties. One can dream.

Look at that ridiculous face! 

Me and the kiddos.


This cat was hilarious. 
Monkey lovin
Lord have mercy

They only made it through Africa. 

And this would be our live cabbage patch friend, Lucy Blue.


 We are grateful to our friends Kari and Lucy for joining us. Kari is such a dear friend and it's always encouraging to be with her.

Since naps were a bit thrown off and the kids are still cranky tired, I've put in Cars 2. Bray's cuddled up on the couch, Avery's eating something off the floor. Gross. and I'm enjoying the remainder of my coffee before I make a dessert for this evening's dinner with friends. I'm very much looking forward to catching up with these special people so coffee is a must. Need to keep the momentum going!




Until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is making me so happy! You are hilarious and who knew you were such an entertaining writer. Good job. :) I love you.

    ReplyDelete