Friday, February 20, 2015

Exterior: Paint, Deck, Landscaping

I realize what I'm about to show you is incredibly premature and may not happen for another 10 years. But if there's anything I've learned during this remodel it's that you can never be too prepared with a vision and a plan.

So without further ado, here is my vision for the exterior of our home.

Paint:



I'll paint the body of the house Dovetail (4.). The main trim and columns will be white, and the second trim color will be one of the three options below (1 - 3). The second trim color is for the decorative trim piece (where you see blue paint and the strip under the windows), as well as the garage door.  Then we'll stain the front door similar to the below.

1. Espresso Beans by Behr
2. Black Fox by Sherwin Williams
3. Espresso Bean by Benjamin Moore
4. Dovetail by Sherwin Williams
Deck: 





We plan to put french doors in the mudroom (where the black door is) and we'll tear off the shingles and add stucco to the areas that don't have it. I mean, as much as I love the four different exterior materials they got-to-go. 

When you walk through the french doors you'll walk onto the deck. The immediate space out of the doors will be for the grill and built in benches. Past the grill, to the left, the deck will open into the outdoor dining area that will be covered by a pergola. The deck color will be stained similar to the front door, a dark brown.

We also hope to put up a new fence, one that is a darker stain. Again, similar to the front door. 

Landscaping:

I basically have no idea what I'm doing here. I started with an idea of the plants and colors I like, which is what you see below. Now I'll begin researching what I can afford and take care of, I guess?  

As for layout. Well that is where I'll rely on my friends, because I don't have the slightest clue. Like no, no, no clue. 

As for a plan to make this all happen. We are applying for the RAMP program immediately after we move in. This program is set up to give $15K FOR FREE so long as the money goes to exterior work and you stay in your house for 5 years. This program is leaving our neighborhood in April and moving onto another neighborhood in KC. If you live in KC check it out! Your neighborhood may be next.

What we don't get done with the RAMP money we will do over time. I image we'll make a spreadsheet of what projects are left and approximately how much each project will cost.

I'm excited to get a more definitive answer to our timeline questions, because our exterior needs some major lovin, but first. LET'S MOVE IN.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It seems that you are giving your house a total makeover, particularly the exterior. How's it going, by the way? I hope everything has already been done with. With the inspirations you posted, I'm sure that the final results are gonna be epic. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to your family!

    Ronnie Hogan @ Sycamore Terrace Temecula

    ReplyDelete