Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Your blood says everything"

When Sunday came around I was numb. Life had taken it's toll on my anxiety prone, exhausted, pregnant mind. We had had another weekend of non-stop "go-go-go" and our week had been just as busy. I was not diligent in setting aside time with the Lord, which was evident on my face and in my head.

Then God sweetly broke me.

"In the presence of holiness
When I cannot speak
Your blood says everything"

His blood said to me: "I don't need your strength. I knew you couldn't give me what I require, so I did it for you. Rest. Drink of me. Take in my sacrifice. When the time's right, we'll continue this journey together."

As I stood in our church pews, singing these words, I felt the weight of my circumstances fall away.
I love how the gospel does that, refreshes one's soul perfectly.

.........................................................................

One of my favorite song writers is Nathan Partain.  His song (here) "I Need Jesus" has been on repeat this morning.

Here's what he writes about this song:

It is a meditation on how we never graduate from our utter dependence on Jesus and how sanctification actually drives us deeper into that need.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment