Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My reality: stay-at-home attire

Since I've begun staying home I rarely emerge from my yoga pants and oversized T-shirts. Seasoned stay-at-home moms warned me of this rut and said I should make a rule to get dressed every day. I did not heed their wisdom and honestly, it's because I didn't want to.

Naturally I'm more of a comfort dresser. Even when I had the funds, a nicer bod, no snotty children, and places to go, I still chose items that were comfortable. I'm also one who grew up playing sports and frequented (past tense. sigh) the gym so when I have to do "physical" work it feels weird to wear anything but gym shorts or yoga pants and T-shirts. Yes, I consider cleaning toilets, floors, bedrooms, bathrooms, the kitchen, dusting, windows, and doors physical work.
Thus it's uncomfortable to wear nicer clothes.  Especially since my "nicer" clothes are so few these days. I have to be careful how I wear my two pairs of jeans :)

So here's the harsh reality.
Be kind, this is certainly not the worst outfit I own.
Also, forgive the picture. I don't have a good place to photograph all of my awesome outfits. Nor am I a good photographer. Sad truth.


I do hope to one day graduate from my yoga pants and find a "look" that is both comfortable and far less embarrassing. Maybe when Bray starts school. It seems less acceptable to pick him up with dirty hair and yoga pants.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! I try "nicer" things from time to time but have been pretty discouraged lately by bleach stains or food stains on the clothes that would be a bit more put together (though still pretty simple!) So I've really been thinking this is an understandable route to go :) When I'm the nanny in carpool line or out and about, I see lots of moms who really look quite similar take heart!

    ReplyDelete